Sunday 24 April 2011

Family Tree

I've always known I have a fairly big family, but I wondered just how big? So I decided to graphically represent everyone and find out; only counting from both sets of my grandparents. I counted blood relatives and their partners they are married or in life commitments with today; so divorced or separated spouses are not included even though they may have children with a blood relative. Deceased have been represented with an outlined circle.

I was very surprised to count there are one hundred and fifteen people! Deducting those who have married into the family or are life partners, a total of seventy-six people have directly descended from both sets of grandparents. In the past eighty to ninety years since my grandparents were born, that's a lot of people... almost one every year.


No comments:

Post a Comment